The original proprietor of the Township was Aaron Olmsted, of Westfield, Mass. in 1798. Olmsted bought the twenty-five square mile section of land from the Connecticut Land Company and named it Franklin in honor of his son. The first family that came into the Township was that of John Haymaker, who arrived from near Pittsburgh, in December of 1805.

The Details
  • Category: Notable People